Nowadays, MOV is widely used multimedia format which allows transferring and sharing large videos. It is compatible with video editing facility and you can easily transform it to other format and that is why this format is being used in different digital devices including high definition camcorders and cameras. It is equipped with various features however in some cases there might be corruption in these files makes unexpected circumstance where you can’t open a .mov File on QuickTime or VLC. You may even lose the access of important videos which creates frustrating situation for you. So you should look to repair .mov file which can’t open on QuickTime or VLC.
Possible Reasons When a .mov File Does not Open on QuickTime or VLC
- While corruption in video frames of .mov file.
- Due to codec errors in .mov videos.
- Frequent transformation to other format.
- When the file terminated improperly etc.
No matter whatever the cause behind this you might experience abnormal condition while opening these files on QuickTime or VLC like pictures but sound missing, videos freezes, sound but no picture and many more. Thus you need to proper solution to overcome this type of issue.
- Try to avoid abrupt system shutdown.
- Ignore interruption during MOV file download process or in between.
- Use reliable utility for compressing of MOV file
- Make backup of MOV file on trustworthy storage media
Solution to Fix .mov File Does not Open on QuickTime or VLC
For the successful repairing of corrupted .mov file there is need to use third party tool and MOV video recovery software is one of the best tool for restoring damaged files. It easily recovers the lost file within just few steps. It has an automatic scanning process to repair the .mov file which is corrupted due to codec errors, incompatibility problems, header corruption etc. It provides one stop solution to fix .mov file does not open on QuickTime or VLC.
Salient Features of MOV Video Recovery Software
- It repairs and retrieves the corrupted .mov file.
- Facility of batch repair for multiple files.
- Offers preview option before and after recovery.
- It has user friendly interface etc.
Steps to Fix .mov File Does not Open on QuickTime or VLC
Step 1: First you need to Download and install MOV video Recovery software then launch it for recovery.
Step 2: Then Select the drive/volume from where you want to repair files then press at start scan.
Step 3: After the scanning completed, this tool will be displayed the list of every files format. From there you will have to select desired files.
Step 4: Now you will get a preview of the recovered files.
Step 5: Ultimately you need to click on the restore option for storing of the recovered file at the specified location.